Blog Archives: virtual office
Traditionally, we are familiar with a sudden increase in telework during icy winter seasons. As weather and emergency disturbances force employees to seek remote methods to communicate, enterprise IT solutions surrounding remote communication plans quickly become trends. We have seen this with Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) and teleworking policies, and solutions such as unified communication and web and video conferencing tools.
Cindy Auten, the general manager for Telework Exchange, keeps track of the “telework storm system”, which she describes as “an IT drizzle,” which rapid adoption has turned “into a full-blown storm surge”. Using Federal IT executives as a case study, Cindy’s team recently released the results of the 2012-2013 Telework/Mobile IT Almanac. Of the 152 Federal IT professionals surveyed:
• 85% of all federal agencies now have teleworkers
• 59% expect more employees to be regularly teleworking at least two days a week by 2013
• 45% expect that they will have to accommodate more part-time mobile workers, with respondents expecting mobile device use to jump 20% in the next year
How are the agencies meeting demand? The list of upgrades includes:
• Boosting mobile platforms
• Increasing VPN Bandwidth
• Adding cloud-based services, in addition to “expanding enterprise use of collaboration and access tools”
• Expanding on instant messaging tools and video or web conferencing.
Through iLinc’s own customer adoption, we have seen the productivity benefits of cloud-based services and understand why video and web conferencing was selected in the top-five leading telework/mobility tools. While solutions such as iLinc for Meetings enhance virtual collaboration, they also improve efficiency through tools such as CRM integration (see iLinc for Salesforce) and interactive whiteboard capabilities. As the telework trend continues to surge, iLinc helps dispersed employees connect to remote departments and clients, while also providing additional benefits not possible in the traditional environment.
The Telework Exchange asks, “With the forecast calling for telework showers, who’s ready to weather the storm?” Learn more benefits of meeting telework demand through the latest cloud-based collaboration tools:http://www.ilinc.com/products/meetings/. Read More »